Mesh is having a moment. Hollywood’s most fashionable have been reaching for see-through ‘fits as of late, taking to the diaphanous fabric to expose undies and free nipples. Even footwear has embraced the see-through vibe this summer, with mesh flats fearlessly flaunting toes.
The latest sheer trend, however, reveals something a bit more intimate than body parts: the contents of one’s purse. Tote bags of all sizes are getting the bare treatment with materials durable enough to house even the heaviest of essentials. Mesh for work? Check. Mesh for travel? Also check.
Meanwhile, smaller shoulder bags, cross bodies, and mini bags are now shoppable in a plethora of prints and captivating bold hues, offering a fun way to embrace the trend. A pink gingham wristlet, for example, will help you channel your inner Barbie, while a tartan print option — complete with a chain strap — will send you straight back to the grungy ways of the early aughts.
If you want to try out the look, I’ve rounded up 10 of the best mesh bags for your perusal. Pro tip: throw in your best conversation starters, like your favorite book or favorite perfume, to really make it your own.
- The 22 Best Necklaces for Women of 2023 That Are Worthy of Everyday Wear
- Save 25% on select handbags in time for Mother's Day
- Panera Is Opening a Clothing Store and Everything Is Unreasonably Stylish
- America Is Ready for Its Great National Hot Dog Chain
- ibis Styles Copenhagen Ørestad review: Where city meets nature | Europe | Travel