The Chain of Custody Standard provides assurance that all seafood sold with the blue MSC label comes from a fishery that has been certified as sustainable.
Why certify supply chains?
Seafood products can pass through long and complex supply chains between the ocean and reaching consumers. At each stage, there is a risk that products will be mislabelled or that products from an MSC certified fishery will be mixed up with non-certified products.
Certification to the Chain of Custody Standard ensures an unbroken chain where certified seafood is easily identifiable, separated from non-certified products, and can be traced back to another certified business.
This system allows businesses and consumers to be confident that seafood with the blue MSC label has come from a fishery certified as sustainable.
Find out more about our Standard
- The 22 Best Necklaces for Women of 2023 That Are Worthy of Everyday Wear
- Save 25% on select handbags in time for Mother's Day
- Panera Is Opening a Clothing Store and Everything Is Unreasonably Stylish
- America Is Ready for Its Great National Hot Dog Chain
- ibis Styles Copenhagen Ørestad review: Where city meets nature | Europe | Travel